Last night I came across Sarahbelle93x’s video 2013: The Year of… and I was inspired. It’s a more interesting way to look back at 2013 and I thought I would share it on here!
what she did was say 13 different things that were prominent over the past year!
so for me….
2013 was the year of:
1. Big Steps. I took so many big steps for myself this past year. From starting Sunshine Studios officially, starting Bows and a Blonde, going out on my first real date, making appointments for myself, and taking my life into my own hands I really feel like I’ve grown up a lot this past year.
2. Travels. I felt like I was going somewhere new every month this past year! From Louisville several times, to Florida for Spring Break, Chicago in September, and San Francisco in November, I definitely got my fair share of traveling in and 2014 will be no different!
3. New Family. So many new people joined our family this year! I gained a new cousin, Taylor, a new third cousin, Blake, a new “niece” (my best friend had a girl and she calls me Aunt Rachel) Lila, and a new sister-in-law Samantha! It’s so great how our family is growing because I would definitely love more people in our lives.
4. The blogging and southern prep world. I didn’t even know this existed. Yes I knew Lilly Pulitzer and Ralph Lauren, but how big of a community it was? I had no idea. But I knew that the moment I came across it, I would forever love it. But it’s not even about being a prep. It’s the lifestyle that comes with it. The classy, old school, way of life that I think draws me in more than anything else. And I plan on sharing that for as long as I live.
5. Phi Mu. I can’t talk about this year without talking about Phi Mu. It is single handedly one of the greatest decisions of my life and I can’t wait for this upcoming year. So many incredible people are in this organization and things that I know we can do are beyond exciting. I can’t wait for this year!
6. Concerts. Taylor Swift with Ed Sheeran, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Both last minute concerts, both incredible times. Although I always say I can’t justify spending a ton of money on concerts, I always end up having a blast at them.
7. Arm Candy. I never really was to into bracelets and watches until this year. And now I feel naked if I don’t at least have something on my wrist.
8. Statement Necklaces. This goes without saying. Necklaces have just been my thing. I plan on expanding my collection immensely this upcoming year (as if that surprised anyone) and I can’t wait to share the things I do with them!
9. Vests. This might be an unhealthy obsession. I can’t remember the last day I haven’t worn a vest in the past 2 months…. BUT THEY’RE SO VERSATILE. IT’S NOT MY FAULT. If you don’t own any, get some. you won’t regret it.
10. Baseball Hats. Definitely a staple in my summer wardrobe. And on bad hair days and when I don’t want to be recognized.
Go to the beach? hat.
run to the store? hat.
working out? hat.
wedding? okay maybe not hat, but you get my drift.
11. New Friends. On top of all my Phi Mu friends I’ve met some incredible people this year and I hope that it happens even more so this upcoming year!
12. Opportunities. This year I was given so many incredible opportunities. From my job at an insurance agency over the summer, to this blog and all the things that have ensued from that, to things that are coming up this new year as a result. I can’t wait for it!
13. Trying New Things. And finally, it was the year of trying new things. Being a tourist in my own town over the summer, going to new restaurants, parade of homes, visiting nearby towns, I tried a lot of new things this last and I’m really proud of myself for it!
And so, that was my year!
Thank you for all you’re support!