Here we are yet again. Another year has past, quicker than the one before it, and here I am, as always, wondering how it slipped by so fast.
This is it. This next year is going to be the beginning of the rest of my life and I do not know how I feel about it.
I’m graduating college.
How in the world did I become old enough to do that? I still feel like I’m 12 years old and that I’m going to wake up one of these days and realize the past 9 years were all a dream.
I’m excited but apprehensive.
joyful but timid.
ready but not.
There were a lot of things I was taught this year, whether it be willingly or something that I had to learn the hard way. Regardless those lessons I learned molded me into a better, more optimistic, and faithful version of myself than I have ever been.
The most important lessons I learned boiled down to this:
- being the positive one in a situation is much better than being the negative one.
- you are capable of even more than you think if you would only put your mind to it
- you don’t always have to jump off a cliff to go out of your comfort zone, sometimes you only have to take one step outside of it. all that matters is that you’re outside of it
- you have got to realize how much you’re worth and demand that respect from everyone, never settle for less than what you deserve, even if that means waiting
- a little bit of hope and whole lot of prayer can move mountains
It’s amazing how much I’ve grown from just last year, and how much I anticipate to grow in this upcoming year.
so here’s to new beginnings and fresh starts and a year full of change.
two thousand and sixteen, I’m ready for ya.